Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

To all those watching, I hope you have a Happy New Year. 2010 has much too look forward to with a two week vacation to Disney in July and John & Tamara's wedding in our future.

I need to share a conversation I had with my 5-year-old in the car last night:
Ethan - Mom, I want to change my name. I don't like Ethan anymore.
Me - Okay. What do you feel like changing it too?
Ethan - How about Nick? Like from Skyrunners.
[side note: Skyrunners was a horrible made for TV disney movie where the main character, Nick, has super powers after getting blasted into space in an alien spaceship. If I was going to change my name, I'd pick someone who super powers too.]
Mom - So, Ethan is out. How are we feeling about your middle name? We gonna stick with Steele.
Ethan - Yeah, I like Steele. Nick Steele. Oh, and Mom, could you please send an email to my teacher telling her my new name?

No comments:

Post a Comment