Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bad Words

I've been working late the last couple of days. After dusk, Ethan called. He said, "Mom (in a very serious tone) Mom I have decided that it is time for you to come home. And I have to tell you that Zane, Mom, he said butt at school." And I said, "really, he did?" To which he replied, "yeah, Mom. For real. And actually he also said pee pee."

I'm not sure in what context the kid said it. For all I know he used it correctly in whatever sentence he got out before having his mouth shoved full of soap. But he did get in trouble. So, if you plan on coming over to their Pearson house any time soon, you should know that the words butt and pee pee are on high radar in the ears of my 4-year-old. You just might get sent to time out.

1 comment:

  1. I shouted at a kid on the bus yesterday afternoon to sit his butt down. As I said it, I had 2 thoughts. One was, "I probably should have said 'bottom.'" The other was, "I VERY nearly said 'ass.'"

    ReplyDelete