Friday, October 16, 2009

The terrible two's and the farm


The terrible two's are awful. Screaming tantrums that lead to people turning their heads and wondering about "that" Mom are never good. I once read a sign that said "having kids is like being pecked on by chickens." At the time I thought it was absolutely horrible. Having kids is a blessing - a gift from God. Sometimes I wish I had the chicken sign - especially on days like this. My child is going to be a star pitcher because the velocity and curve he had on that toy flying at my head was surprisingly well aimed. . . in the car. . . as I was driving. He's two. He'll grow out of it. And until then, I have wine. Lots of it.

I chaperoned Ethan's field trip to the farm today. There were chickens, cows, horses, goats, turkeys, buffalo, bunnies, and lots and lots of mud. No one got crazy muddy except for the kid that decided to do a dramatic interpretation of the stop, drop and roll for his classmates. Ethan's roll was spot on and his drop was Oscar worthy. He had so much fun though - we watched pig races, went on a hay ride and he even milked a cow. And seeing him interact with his classmates was wonderful. He and three other boys are inseparable. I hope they stay friends for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment